Fox Hill Village, metro-Boston’s premiere upscale resident-owned retirement community, committed to providing people aged 62+ with resources to live meaningful lives as well as social, intellectual and cultural engagement is seeking a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join our professional and friendly team.
Reports directly to the Managing Director and is responsible for all operations within the Finance Department, including accounting, financial analysis, strategic planning and forecasting. Plans, implements and manages all financial activities in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations and generally accepted accounting principles. Prepares and effectively presents financial and operating reports tailored to target audiences with differing levels of experience and financial matters: these audiences will include, the Board of Directors, the Finance Committee, the resident body, individual residents, bank personnel and other third parties. Evaluates Fox Hill Village’s current information technology system and works with the IT Consultant to successfully update IT in the Finance Department to maximize efficiency, achieve business goals and eliminate security risks. The work may require coordination with system upgrades in the dining and assisted living programs. Remains current in the best practices in the senior living sector as they pertain to financial and risk management; identifies opportunities for operational efficiencies.
Essential Functions, Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the generation and dissemination of accurate and timely financial management reports, including internal and external monthly financial statements, annual audits, annual budgets and quarterly reports to Bank of America showing compliance with all loan covenants.
- Work with outside tax preparer to provide accurate and timely information required for the completion of annual tax returns.
- Prepare accurate and timely audited financial worksheets and documentation for the independent auditor; serve effectively as a liaison between the auditor, the Board of Directors, the Finance Committee and the Managing Director.
- Review financial information submitted by prospective residents to determine financial qualification as defined by Fox Hill Village policy; prepare settlement sheets for each apartment and garage closing; approve requests for Sales Office commissions.
- Coordinate annual budget process by preparing revenue and expense projections; identify opportunities for additional revenue generation/expense savings or other suggestions to improve the organization’s financial performance and efficiency.
- Manage the IT consulting contract, with IT Contractor identify/upgrade IT products to replace existing ledger package, restaurant accounting system; explore integration of assisted living technology to expedite billing of service.
- Advise to Managing Director and Board of Directors on the financial implications of new programs and/or long-range planning initiatives.
- Maintain excellent working relationship with the Managing Director, the Board of Directors, the Finance Committee, Management Team, employees and vendors and provide timely information necessary for such individuals to make decisions with financial implications addressed.
- Maintain high level of resident and resident family satisfaction with all exchanges with the Finance Department.
- Coach, develop capabilities and provide performance reviews for all Finance Department staff.
- Oversee the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, core employee expense reports, petty cash, cash control and year-end Forms 1099 to applicable vendors and residents.
- Oversee the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable (aging components including billing, cash receipts application and check statistic management.
- Oversee the preparation of annual tax letters and health worksheets for all individuals who resided at Fox Hill Village during the calendar year.
Fox Hill Village provides a family atmosphere. We offer an outstanding salary and very generous benefit package. Full-time employees are eligible for benefits which include medical, dental, vision insurance, flexible spending reimbursement accounts, company-paid life, short and long-term disability insurance. Full and part-time employees are also eligible for vacation, holiday, sick, personal days, 401k retirement plan with a generous company match.
Interested candidates should forward their resume with cover letter to Ivana Doucet, HR Director at: email@example.com
*** Fox Hill Village is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer ***
Location/Region: Westwood, MA (02090)