This position is responsible for maintaining ambulatory surgery center (ASC) medical and billing records to ensure coding and operations compliance.
- Review and maintain orders, invoices, and records to ensure accuracy.
- Enter data electronically to process payments, denials, and adjustments.
- Maintain all patient records.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality and adheres to all HIPAA guidelines and regulations.
- Manage proper submission of documents in a timely fashion.
- Attend in-services, seminars, and webinars for additional education and performance improvement.
Regular and reliable attendance required.
Successful candidate will pass a background check and drug screen.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the field or in a related area required.
- Experience with 10-key
- Knowledge related to Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge related to reading an insurance EOB a plus
Must be able to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks effectively and efficiently while maintaining a professional, courteous manner. Must be able to work well with others. Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Must be detail oriented and organized. High integrity, including maintenance of confidential information. Must be able to exercise good judgment and positively influence and lead others, including handling confrontations with poise and efficiency. Based on business need, the ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends as approved in advance.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual’s race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other prohibited category set forth in federal or state regulations.
We will provide reasonable accommodation to complete the online application consistent with applicable law. If you require an accommodation, please contact Human Resources.
Qualifications Skills Behaviors : Motivations : Education Experience Licenses & Certifications
Location/Region: West Palm Beach, FL