Installs, maintains, repairs and replaces heating, ventilating, air conditioning, refrigeration systems and other related equipment.
1. Maintains repairs, calibrates and/or replaces portions of HVAC system, including air handlers, ducts, control valves and systems, pumps, compressors, dampers and filters including preventive maintenance on all equipment.
2. Maintains and repairs all associated HVAC piping, including coils, supplies, returns, traps, strainers and valves.
3. Maintains and repairs refrigeration equipment, including centrifugal units, cooling towers and heat exchangers.
4. Change filters as required and periodically cleans coils, inlet screen, plenums and other duct areas.
5. Trouble-shoots malfunctions and effects repairs to system controls, calibrates, repairs or replaces pneumatic and/or electric controls, relays and circuits.
6. Repairs coils, bearings, seals and other equipment parts as required for proper system operations and as directed by the Utilities Manager or Utilities Supervisor.
7. Performs other associated work as assigned or directed, including moving of equipment, painting and cleaning work areas.
8. Performs related duties as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
Physical Demands: Must be able to stand and work for prolonged periods of time. Must be able to lift and move heavy materials and equipment weighing up to approximately 100lbs.
• High school graduate or general education diploma (GED) required read, write and speak English to understand and interpret written and verbal instructions and prepares forms and work logs. Trade school or field experience required.
• Minimum of three years in the maintenance and repair of refrigeration equipment, including centrifugal units, cooling towers, pumps, motors and air handling systems required. At least (1) year experience in maintaining, repairing and servicing pneumatic control systems and large air handling systems.
• Refrigeration, heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment hand tools, power tools, meters and any other related equipment.
• CFC Universal (608 Certification) Required
• NYC Fire Department Certificate of Fitness G-60 and F-60, required.
• NYC Refrigeration license preferred.